An accidental delight? My oranges were supposed to become a sorbet - orange sorbet to blueberry waffles is pretty drastic, but it saved me some time with deciding breakfast for my second edition of $20 Grocery Run.
I realized that everything needed to be frozen, and I needed more than a serving. So no dessert this week - but I'm excited that I thought fast and came up with these lovely waffles. They're moist enough where I'm skipping out on the maple syrup. I've put them in baggies to take to work for breakfast. Hope you enjoyed this accidental mistake.
- ⅓ cup of blueberries
- 1 orange: juice and pulp
- ½ lemon (juice only)
- 1 cup of flour
- ½ tablespoon of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of egg replacer
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 4 tablespoons of softened butter
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- ¼ cup of almond milk
- Blend sauce ingredients in blender until smooth; set aside
- Combine egg replacer with water; mix and set aside
- Combine flour, baking soda, and sugar
- Mix butter, egg replacer, and sauce mix into batter and mix
- Drizzle in almond milk until consistency is not too wet and forms quickly dissolving peaks
- Cook in a waffle iron based on machines instruction
- Eat alone or serve with maple syrup
Enjoy your food and your pockets!